One of the key Programs of Youth for Policy is Policy Camp. It’s a 5 day long residential policy training program designed for university students and young professionals.
The program aims to engage youth in long term policy initiatives to make public policy more inclusive. Designed to improve participant’s understanding of public policy and their role in the policy reforming process; the rigorous training camp challenges participant’s mindset, capacity and political skills in promoting policy innovations. Through the phases of the program, participants will learn how to gather evidence for policy, how to inform public and policy makers and eventually how to include & bring policy to public.
The previous Policy Camp’18 hosted 101 youth participants from 23 districts and trained them on evidence collection from field, policy formulation, policy advocacy and overall policy making process.
- Meet a network of youth from diverse background to gain perspective and learn from each other
- Be exposed to the local youth leaders to learn more on how to influence policy
- Become a volunteer of ‘Youth for policy’, a network of youths dedicated toward public policy advocacy
- Meet policy makers and higher ups to present your ideas and demands
- Get invited to policy policy consultations and seminar organized by IID and partner organizations with govt. wings and ministries.
- Get a chance to be recruited in ‘Youth for Policy Fellowship’ program after completion of ‘Policy Camp’
- How to apply for “Policy Camp’19”?
– To apply for ‘Policy Camp’19’, click here – https://bit.ly/2XhZx1H
- Where will the “Policy Camp’19” be held?
– It will be held at Sylhet & Jashore
- When will the “Policy Camp’19” be held?
– It will be held on two separate locations at two different dates, from 25-29th August at Sylhet & 8-12th September at Jashore. Participants can apply to join any one of these locations.
- Can anyone from Any district apply?
– Yes. You will have to just choose in which district you want to attend ‘Policy Camp’ while applying.
- Who can apply for “Policy Camp”?
– Students of College/University/Degree or Young professionals working with any NGO or a part of any youth organization.
– Age between 18-30 years
- Is there any fee for attending ‘Policy Camp’?
– If selected to attend ‘Policy Camp’, Youth for Policy will provide scholarship which will cover food, accommodation and transportation. However, participants will primarily have to bKash BDT 2,000/- as a security money before joining, which will be refunded while attending ‘Policy Camp’.
- I Applied to join “Policy Camp’19”, but forgot to apply for scholarship. What should i do?
– You can apply for scholarship separately by email. Write an email to us with your name, date of birth, where you want to join ‘Policy Camp’ (Sylhet or Jashore) and why do you need scholarship (within 300 words) by 13th July, 2019.
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org